Oncology Policy Grant Program
MSD Oncology Ireland is extending an open invitation to the research community in Ireland to apply for an unrestricted grant as part of the Oncology Policy Grant Program. This grant request, which will be issued publicly, will be for research projects aimed at analysing policy and health system readiness to deliver sustainable and innovative cancer care.
MSD’s Independent Oncology Policy Grant Program seeks to encourage research around the following themes:
- What is the impact of cancer policies on cancer outcomes?
- How can new approaches improve financing of & access to cancer care?
- How can cancer policies enable health equity in cancer care?
To be eligible for applying for this grant, researchers and research teams must meet the following selection criteria:
- Come from an accredited local and/or regional academic institution
- Have a proven track record in research in the cancer space
- Have experience working in and researching health policy
- Demonstrate ability to publish a quality, peer-reviewed publication within one year
This research will be funded by an unrestricted grant from MSD. Once the grant has been awarded, the researchers will remain independent and MSD will have no involvement in the direction of the research.
Please read this document carefully for further information about the themes, the application process, eligibility criteria and assessment criteria.
Queries can be directed to Harriet Doig, Patient Access Policy Manager for MSD Ireland at email@example.com. However, MSD Ireland will NOT be involved in assessing and selecting grant applications; this will be done by the Global Oncology Policy team.